This charter is intended to support the continuous improvement of healthy and safe workplaces. It is based on the principle that safety is our first priority, and the belief that effective management of health, safety and wellness is essential to the operation of a successful business. This charter represents the commitment of our organization:
- To value safety as an ongoing process.
- To strive for excellent safety performance by integrating safety principles in all aspects of our business.
- To integrate health and safety management into our team, strategies, processes and performance measures, recognizing that good health and safety performance supports good business results.
- To recognize that nothing is more important than health, safety and well-being of employees, contractors, clients and the surrounding community.
- To provide the leadership and resources for continuous health and safety improvement.
- To participate in the learning process as we develop recognized and effective Best Practices for Safety.
- To provide the environment that enables all employees to participate and work collaboratively in developing, promoting and improving health and safety at work.
- To effectively manage health and safety risk by eliminating and controlling hazards.
- To extend health and safety beyond the workplace, recognizing and supporting related initiatives within our communities.
Stephen M. Zemaitatis, Jr. – President