Riggs Distler & Company, Inc., is one of the oldest and largest union mechanical, electrical and utility contractors the United States. For over 100 years we have successfully completed a wide range of projects ranging from the Empire State Building to the National Constitution Center. Our employees perform utility, industrial and commercial electrical, matting and environmental construction, and mechanical service for Fortune 100 companies located in the United States. Typical projects include power generating plants, refineries, chemical facilities, steel mills, hospitals, educational facilities, substations, transmission, and distribution power lines, underground directional drilling, ROW construction and maintenance.
Responsible for the management of multiple matting and environmental construction projects. You’ll work closely with the Customer to complete project. You’ll direct Assistant Project Managers, Superintendents and craft personnel to promote and ensure safe work practice and conditions. Manages all facets of project construction.
- Manages project team by providing direction and leadership
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of the day-to-day management services for the duration of the project
- Coordinate and attend project planning meetings, pre-design and design meetings
- Inspect the site; review and/or coordinate design reviews for the various disciplines, review for code compliance and adherence to the contract requirements
- Recommend approval or rejection of submittals as appropriate; monitor progress with regard to schedule and delivery dates
- Prepare, correspondence for the Contracting Officer’s signature, maintain complete records of A/E contract documents, project related documents, plans and specifications, samples, keep track of all changes in construction specifications and drawings, maintain the latest approved construction documents and A/E’s performance evaluation
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets
- Monitor expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget
- (5) Years’ experience in construction management in the Matting and Environmental industry.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint, experience with construction management software such as Primavera preferred
- Must be able to communicate in a professional, business-like manner (using clear and precise language)
- Work experience tracking and updating schedules, RFIs, submittals, payment analysis, review of ongoing work at the site, attendance of meetings and project coordination with the costumer
- OSHA safety training preferred
Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. offers a very competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, accrued PTO and employer-matched 401k. Riggs Distler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.