Riggs Distler & Co., Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Project Manager to support our Overhead Distribution Utility Group. This position will be based out of our Rocky Hill, CT office.
As an Assistant Project Manager you will work closely with the project manager to ensure overall accountability for safety, schedule, cost, quality and project performance. The goal of this position is to develop the skills and experience necessary on your career path to becoming a project manager.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the project manager in establishing project-specific safety plans. Develop and implement the project execution plans (PEP), ensuring it is communicated and understood internally and externally.
- Works with project manager in establishing major construction work plans.
- Preparation of budget/cost control tracking system with all associated maintenance and forecasting. Develops cost control estimate (CCE) and contingency/risk report for internal review.
- Maintains regular schedule progress reporting and updates. Process and assess cost and schedule impact(s).
- Labor and equipment production analysis and ongoing performance optimization.
- Day travel using company provided vehicle to job sites.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Proficient computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate information in a clear, concise and professional manner. Team player who displays leadership and diplomacy.
- The ability to adapt to changing business requirement with minimal advanced notice.
- Self-directed, organized and motivated to accomplish goals. Ensures that project correspondence and records (paper & electronic) are properly managed and maintain.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!