Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Assistant Project Manager to support our Matting Group.
As the Assistant Project Manager, you will support the Matting Department Project Manager in ensuring Customer goals, objectives, timelines and budgets are achieved.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Project Management Leadership: 100 % of the Job
1. Reviews Project Scope and quote with the Project Manager for full understanding of outcome goals.
2. Sources materials through key suppliers to ensure the highest quality product that aligns to the budget.
3. Handles day to day project tasks, ensuring customer specifications, objectives, timelines and budgets are met.
4. Assists with Customer progress updates, answer questions, and following up on requests to ensure the Customer’s expectations are met in a very high quality and timely way.
5. Assists with site visits to monitor project development, safety, and inspect for code compliance and adherence to contract requirements to ensure all periodic milestones are met.
6. Administers and maintains project documentation including samples, plans and specifications, contracts, change orders and pricing changes, etc. to ensure project remains on course with most up-to-date specifications. Gets manager involved quickly where obstacles present themselves.
7. Provides progress reports, cost to complete, and other weekly and/or month-end supporting documentation to the manager to ensure specifications and expenses fall within the prescribed guidelines.
8. Handles project invoicing, including timesheets, resources and material allocations, expenses, and accounts receivable collections to verify proper billing processes are followed and budgets remain in-line.
9. Administers high-quality, timely and excellent customer service to promote the organization as an industry leader.
A. Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or similar field; will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
B. Experience:1+ years of construction or environmental industry experience preferred; will train the right person.
D. Functional Skills: Solid ability in researching, analysis, project management, processes; first-rate organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task, with excellent attention to details and follow through to ensure successful projects every time. Basic knowledge of estimating, construction, design, finance and project management; ability to apply instruction and take initiative.
E. Technology Aptitude/Skills: Solid MS Office, with construction management software skills; Primavera experience preferred.
F. Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present well and collaborate with clients in a professional way.
G. Leadership/Behaviors: Strong customer focus; able to handle multiple projects and work outside comfort zone to learn and grow; highly reliable; able to work through conflict. Collaborative, flexible and adaptable to change; supportive of a team. Willing to learn and grow in role.
H. Culture Match Behaviors: Entrepreneurial spirit, who is collaborative, trusting of others, has strong work ethic, and can work well independently or with others in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!