Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Project Manager to support our Electrical Substation Utility Group. This position will be based out of our Cherry Hill, NJ office.
As an Assistant Project Manager, you will be managing daily activities with a focus on proposal development and project execution in accordance with the project RFP’s & scope deliverables as outlined by each customer.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with potential bid opportunities and estimating, including site visits and evaluations, with project managers and customers to support an effective process.
- Research information and solicits pricing from select material suppliers and subcontractors to determine best fit for the project as it relates to skills needed and competitive pricing.
- Prepares estimates including material pricing, supplier and subcontractor selection, construction equipment and facilities, in coordination with the Project Manager and in line with customer specifications and company financial goals.
- Coordinates project execution plans and resource-loaded scheduling to ensure each project remains within established specifications, timelines and budget.
- Performs site visits including audits, review of safety procedures, customer meetings and process updates to manage and meet customer and project budget expectations.
- Provides continual client updates and reporting to ensure all customer expectations and business goals are achieved.
- Coordinates with internal groups on organizational projects as needed for the betterment of the entire company.
- Administers high quality, timely and excellent customer service to promote the organization as an industry leader.
Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering, business, or similar field; will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
2+ years of related project management experience in construction, electrical, or similar utility industries preferred; willing to train a strong recent college graduate.
Superior skills in MS Office, with construction management software skills preferred. Primavera experience preferred, training will be provided on the current processes and software used.
- Solid ability in research, analysis, project management and processes.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task with strong attention to details and excellent follow through to ensure a successful project every time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present well and collaborate with clients in a professional way.
- Strong decision making skills, ability to apply instruction and take initiative.
- Must be customer focused, flexible, and reliable. Ability to handle multiple projects and work outside comfort zone to learn and grow.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player with the ability to work through conflict.
- Ability to negotiate with suppliers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, who is collaborative, trusting of others, has strong work ethic, and can work well independently or with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read drawings and perform construction take-offs on electrical work, substation utility, and industrial electrical, proficiency in change order pricing preferred.
- Basic knowledge of estimating, construction, design, finance, and project management.
- 25% travel to job sites is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!