OVERALL PURPOSE: WHY THE JOB EXISTS & WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As the Assistant Project Manager Trainee, you will be assigned to a mentor supporting our Underground Distribution Construction Group in Brookhaven (Philadelphia), PA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & EXPECTED OUTCOMES: YOUR ACCOUNTABILITIES IN THE ROLE
- Assists project manager and field supervisor in establishing project specific safety and environmental controls.
- Assists project manager in the development and implementation of the project execution plan.
- Coordinates project execution plans and resource-loaded scheduling to ensure each project remains within established specifications, timelines, and budget.
- Communicates with team members regarding project needs.
- Works with project manager and field supervisor to create and maintain project schedules.
- Prepares and maintain budget/cost-control tracking reports including change order management.
- Works with the project manager and field supervisor to create a forecasted cost at completion for projects.
- Learns how to identify potential bid opportunities.
- Learns estimating including material pricing, supplier and subcontractor selection, construction equipment and facilities, in coordination with the Project Manager and in line with customer specifications and company financial goals.
- Participates site visits including audits, review of safety procedures, customer meetings and process updates to manage and meet customer and project budget expectations.
- Reads and analyzes project management related reports.
- Generates invoices and submit to clients for payment.
Education: Currently pursuing or completion of an associates degree in Construction Technology or a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or similar field.
Technology Skills: Excellent MS Office skills, with construction management software skills preferred. Primavera experience preferred; training will be provided on the current processes and software used.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and excellent follow through to ensure successful projects every time.
- Basic knowledge of estimating, construction, design, finance, and project management.
- Ability to apply instruction and take initiative.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present well and collaborate with clients in a professional way.
- Strong customer focus: flexible, able to handle multiple projects and work outside comfort zone to learn and grow; able to negotiate with suppliers; reliable; able to work through conflict.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, who is collaborative, trusting of others, has strong work ethic, and can work well independently or with others in a fast-paced environment.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Riggs Distler is a Certified Great Place to work. We promote a culture of empowerment and learning so our team can develop and grow. We work together with respect, cooperation, and clear communication to achieve a common goal.
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!
|Job Category||Electric Distribution|