Riggs Distler & Co., Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Assistant Project Manager to support our Transmission Utility Group. This position will be based out of our Rocky Hill, CT office.
As an Assistant Project Manager you will be responsible for assisting with project needs in the field and disseminating and distributing client provided materials and specifications for the successful implementation of projects.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Project Manager and Superintendent in establishing the Project-Specific Safety and Environment Plan.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and ensuring it is communicated and understood internally and externally.
- Assist the Superintendent in establishing the major construction work plans, JHA’s, and engineering methods.
- Routine updating and distribution to the affected trades/vendors.
- Regular schedules progress reporting and updates.
- Prepare budget/cost-control tracking system, with all associated maintenance and forecasting.
- Process assessing of cost and schedule impact(s).
- Labor and equipment production analysis and ongoing performance optimization.
- Ensuring project correspondence and records (paper and electronic) are properly managed and maintained.
- Assisting the Project Manager in preparing the Cost Control Estimate (CCE) and Contingency/Risk Report for internal review.
- Comply with the Company’s policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Proficient computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to remain organized and to determine data into usable information.
- Must communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory, and professional manner.
- Must adapt, with minimal or no advanced notice, to changes in how business is conducted, and work is accomplished.
- Excellent teamwork skills, communication, leadership, and professional diplomacy.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Up to 35% travel required.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!