Riggs Distler & Company, Inc., is one of the oldest and largest union mechanical, electrical and utility contractors the United States. For over 111 years we have successfully completed a wide range of projects ranging from the Empire State Building to the National Constitution Center. Our employees perform utility, industrial and commercial electrical, matting and environmental construction, and mechanical service for Fortune 100 companies located in the United States. Typical projects include power generating plants, refineries, chemical facilities, steel mills, hospitals, educational facilities, substations, transmission, and distribution power lines, underground directional drilling, ROW construction and maintenance.
Assistant Project Manager Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The employee should be able to perform the essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent in establishing the Project-Specific Safety and Environment Plan.
- Assisting the Project Manager in the development and implementation of the Project Execution Plan (PEP) and ensuring it is communicated and understood internally and externally
- Assisting the Superintendent in establishing the major construction work plans, JHA’s, and engineering methods
- Routine updating and distribution to the affected trades/vendors
- Regular schedule progress reporting and updates
- Preparation of budget/cost-control tracking system, with all associated maintenance and forecasting
- Processing, and assessing cost and schedule impact(s)
- Labor and equipment production analysis and ongoing performance optimization
- Ensuring project correspondence and records (paper and electronic) are properly managed and maintained
- Assisting the Project Manager in preparing the Cost Control Estimate (CCE) and Contingency/Risk Report for internal review
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction management or relevant experience.
- Must communicate information and state problems of challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, nondiscriminatory, and professional manner.
- Must adapt, with minimal or no advanced notice, to changes in how business is conducted and work is accomplished.
- Excellent teamwork skills, communication, leadership, and professional diplomacy.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
Riggs Distler Company, Inc. offers a very competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, accrued PTO and employer-matched 401k. Riggs Distler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.
TO APPLY : Send Resume and Cover Letter with salary expectations to Scott Donadio (firstname.lastname@example.org)