Civil Superintendent I Heavy Civil
Posted on March 2, 2023
Heavy Civil // Administration // Cherry Hill, NJ
Join Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. a leader in the construction industry with over a century of service supporting America’s most important infrastructure projects in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Riggs Distler has a reputation as an employer of choice in the industry and promotes a safe, exciting, and team-oriented work environment, empowering people to grow and evolve with our business.
As a Superintendent, you will manage multiple projects varying in size and scope (typically under $5M) to ensure RFP’s and project scope, due dates and budgets are achieved.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Healthcare Plan including Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- HSA Account with Company Contribution
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Student Loan Payment & 529 College Saving Program
- Company Paid:
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Manages potential bid opportunities and estimating, including site visits and evaluations, with customers to support an effective process.
- Researches specifications and information surrounding the project and solicits pricing from select material suppliers and subcontractors to determine best fit as it relates to skills needed and competitive pricing.
- Reviews, edits, or prepares estimates including material pricing, supplier and subcontractor selection, construction equipment and facilities, etc. to ensure customer specifications are met and company financial goals are achieved.
- Plans, manages, and oversees project planning meetings, execution plans and resource-loaded scheduling to ensure each project remains within established specifications, timelines and budget.
- Manages site visits including audits, review of safety procedures, customer meetings and process updates to manage and meet customer project budget expectations.
- Provides continual client updates and reporting to ensure all customer expectations and business goals are achieved.
- Manages, oversees and mentors direct reports to help them continually develop in the role, as well as ensure activities are in line with expectations.
- Review, edits and creates processes within the area to ensure effective activities that are aligned to the customer and business goals.
- Tracks project goals, timelines and budgets on a continual basis to ensure projects stay on track.
- Oversees and ensures project documents, contracts, change orders, samples, etc. are kept for a clear history of the project.
- Oversees all union manpower on projects. Strong ability to make real-time decisions when executing projects.
- 50% travel to job sites is required
Education, Skills, Experience Needed:
- Trade School graduate preferred
- 5 + years of related superintendent experience in union civil construction
- Solid ability in researching, analysis, planning, project management, and processes; strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task with strong attention to details and excellent follow through to ensure successful projects every time. Strong budgeting, decision-making skills. Ability to read drawings and perform construction take-offs; proficiency in change order pricing; solid knowledge of estimating, construction, design, finance and project management; ability to be prepared for any event that could potentially knock the project off course.
- Excellent MS Office, with construction management software skills; Primavera experience preferred; training will be provided on the current processes and software used
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present well, mentor others, and collaborate with clients in a professional way
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
"*" indicates required fields