DIESEL SHOP MECHANIC
Join Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. a leader in the construction industry with over a century of service supporting America’s most important infrastructure projects in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Riggs Distler has a reputation as an employer of choice in the industry and promotes a safe, exciting, and team-oriented work environment, empowering people to grow and evolve with our business.
As a Diesel Shop Mechanic, you are responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining heavy duty utility line trucks, including truck mounted aerial platforms, digger derricks, cranes and earth moving equipment.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Healthcare Plan including Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- HSA Account with Company Contribution
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Student Loan Payment & 529 College Saving Program
- Company Paid:
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Diagnostics and repair of hydraulic & electrical systems
- Organize work efficiently, complete assignments in a timely manner
- Maintain heavy duty utility line trucks
- Comply with all Safety policies and requirements for the position, including successful completion of training and proper use of personal protective equipment, and incidents reporting
- Comply with DOT regulations
Education, Skills, Experience Needed:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of diesel mechanic experience. Will consider someone with related experience in standard automotive mechanic or heavy-duty truck maintenance roles.
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skill, courteous with a positive attitude
- Valid drivers’ license is required
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- CDL preferred
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested