DOT COMPLIANCE MANAGER
Join Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. a leader in the construction industry with over a century of service supporting America’s most important infrastructure projects in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Riggs Distler has a reputation as an employer of choice in the industry and promotes a safe, exciting, and team-oriented work environment, empowering people to grow and evolve with our business.
As a DOT Compliance Manager, you will become part of the compliance team. The DOT Compliance Manager will work directly with the fleet department to ensure that the company maintains compliance with all Federal and State regulations required for a large vegetation management and utility construction fleet. S/he will help with recordkeeping and maintaining required files for each company. The DOT Compliance Manager will provide training, instruction and guidance in areas related to DOT Compliance. The DOT Compliance Manager must have strong organizational and communication skills to be able to communicate effectively at all levels. In addition, the DOT Compliance Manager will work closely with the safety department to help oversee serious crash investigations and related record keeping.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Healthcare Plan including Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- HSA Account with Company Contribution
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Student Loan Payment & 529 College Saving Program
- Company Paid:
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Monitor compliance with Federal and State regulations including all driver, vehicle and hazardous material related issues
- Ensure compliance via training, data management, analysis and regional reporting. This program will be presented at regional levels to ensure driver and company compliance with all aspects of Federal and State regulations
- Work closely with the regions and all local DOT/law enforcement Managers in matters related to citations and violations. Review all DOT inspections for accuracy, appeal violations incorrectly attributed to a driver or company using DataQ’s appeal process on US DOT Website
- Be a subject matter expert for all DOT/CSA and hazardous material related issues and questions. Additionally, be able to conduct random CMV inspections to access compliance
- Review and support internal and external audits and follow-up of corrective actions if necessary
- Review driver qualification files for completeness and compliance. Conduct training of personnel maintaining driver qualification files
- Conduct driver and vehicle audits as needed throughout the company. Review driver motor vehicles records (MVR’s) as needed and provide subject matter expert advice on violations noted on the records
- Identify regions with poor performance indicators as reported by FMCSA. Provide guidance and oversee all communications related to the reporting of FMCSA scores and progress to the regions and upper management
- Attend regional and corporate meetings to teach and report on progress of company compliance with FMCSA
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the United States via both air and ground
- Assist with coordination of AVMS and driver required pre and post trip inspections
Education, Skills, Experience Needed:
- Associates degree and/or law enforcement experience of at least 15 years with at least 5 of the years in a supervisory position. Continuing education through participation in industry conferences and seminars
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret regulations and other documents
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office. Proficiency in the US DOT web based DataQ System, AI Volpe/CSA site, Safer and the US DOT Portal
- Ability for overnight travel throughout the continental United States
- Adaptable to a variety of assignments and settings; ability to communicate well with top corporate officials and all levels of managers, supervisors, and drivers
- Able to work independently for long periods without direct supervision and be able to keep supervisors informed of current status and progress
- Experience conducting USDOT/FMCSA on site full audits, off site/focused audits/corrective action letters and safety rating upgrades
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience performing USDOT/FMCSA driver/vehicle roadside inspections and have been certified by USDOT/FMCSA. Prior enforcement of the hazardous materials regulations and in-depth knowledge of the regulations. Must be a subject matter expert in all matters related to USDOT roadside inspections and the CVSA Out of Service Criteria. * Experience conducting USDOT/FMCSA on site full audits, off site/focused audits/corrective action letters and safety rating upgrades
- Prior experience with drug & alcohol policies and procedures
- Prior accident investigation and crash reconstruction certification.
- Prior experience in writing policy and procedures for compliance with USDOT/FMCSA regulations.
- Prior experience and certification in weight and measurements of vehicles.
- Successful track record
- Success in managing others and carrying out a variety of projects.
- Must have had experience in method of instruction for presenting training
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
|Job Category||Environmental Health & Safety|