Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated Electrical Estimator – Substation to support our Substation Utility Business Units out of Cherry Hill, NJ.
As an Estimator, you will do detailed take offs, analyze proposals, quotes, and requirements for the development of thorough and accurate project cost estimates to ensure customer expectations and business goals are attained. This position will focus on substation electrical work in support of electrical projects.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews customer/project scope of work, plans, and specifications, and creates a labor, equipment, material and subcontractor estimate for the project, utilizing cross-departmental input to ensure estimates are in line with customer requirements and business ROI.
- Coordinates with external third parties and subcontractors on specific project bids, estimates, timing, etc. to ensure that all aspects of projects are addressed and accurate
- Manages the creation of accurate, organized estimate proposals that includes Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management for thoroughness and accuracy as it relates to the cost and delivery.
- Reviews proposals with potential Customers to discuss options for proposed services and ensure full project objectives are met. Prepares and sends final proposal to client for approval.
- Provides project proposal, process details, subcontractor information, etc. to the Project Management team for complete understanding and effective execution.
- Facilitates the creation of accurate budgets from conceptual and schematic design phases through to final estimates to ensure customer objectives are met and the estimate is in line with the business ROI.
- Handles any obstacles, option changes, and concerns of field personnel and the project management team, providing them with pertinent documentation and updates as applicable, for continued project success.
- Manages ongoing project and cost changes, unit pricing and job tracking (including database maintenance) to ensure project stays in line with the current or updated proposal.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, field personnel and Customers for current and future project success.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field; will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant experience in substation and industrial electrical work.
3+ years of Electrical Estimating experience within a construction or utility contractor business (preferred) creating quotes. Will consider someone with related industry experience as a field operative, project manager, engineer, or similar role.
Excellent MS Office with construction management and industry estimating software skills required; Bluebeam, HCSS Heavy Job, Primavera and MS Project experience preferred.
- Strong ability in data/cost analysis, interpretation, formulation, and development of estimated quotes or proposals; ability to read, comprehend and apply technical writing in regards to electrical work, constructability, government contracts, and standard construction terminology and specifications.
- Can review, edit, and create contracts, procedures, and detailed proposals.
- Possesses basic math, algebra, and geometry skills.
- Excellent attention to details and follow through; strong problem-solving and logical application skills; able to anticipate and negotiate potential issues.
- Firm understanding of Union agreements as related to job duties; solid knowledge of regional network within the applicable industrial areas; solid budgeting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to write clearly and concisely; strong ability to present well and professionally collaborate with a diverse assortment of individuals and groups.
- Solid ability to handle multiple projects with thoroughness and accuracy; excellent ability to build and maintain relationships; strong customer and team focus; flexible and adaptable to change; supportive of cross-departmental coordination. Able to interchangeably lead and support project initiatives.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, who is collaborative, trusting of others, has strong work ethic, and can work well independently or with others in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!