Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Coordinator to join our dynamic safety team overseeing ET&D Overhead Lines and Matting Services in the New England area. This position will report primarily to the New England EHS Manager and will be assigned to projects in the Eastern and Central New York Regions.
As an EHS Coordinator, you will perform multiple functions and duties in support of the Riggs Distler & Company EHS Program and the companies desire to be a best in class provider of utility construction services. This position works directly with operations management and the line crews within their assigned area(s).
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for collecting and filing EH&S related forms, records and documentation.
- Responsible for performing / assisting in the delivery and documentation of training.
- Performs training including new hire orientations.
- May assists in the testing of certain Di-electric tools.
- Conducts / supports incident investigations and root cause analysis process, may assist in the settlement of minor property damage claims under direction.
- Supports the companies DOT and Environmental compliance programs.
- Responsible for processing Incidents, Near-Miss, and Good Catch Reports and follow-up actions.
- Responsible for collecting data and preparing reports / bulletins related to EH&S initiatives.
- Assists in the preparation of Safety and Environmental Work Plans.
- Participates in the pre-job planning process by attending meetings, assisting in the development of project specific Health and Safety Plans.
- May occasionally perform Environmental Compliance Inspections to support field staff.
- Performs Regulatory Research as required.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health and Safety or related field preferred, or 8 years combined education and experience in EHS with a focus on electric utility construction and/or environmental matting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Industry Safe Experience (Preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate and work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization and with the owner utility.
- Able to perform physical tasks including lifting of 50 lbs.
- Overnight travel as necessary to support storm restoration work (may be for extended periods).
Licenses and Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Professional certifications such as “Certified Utility Safety Professional” (CUSP), CHST (Preferred)
- OSHA 500 Trained
- First Aid, CPR, AED trained
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!