Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated Estimator to support our Environmental Construction & Matting Business Units. This position is based out of our Rocky Hill, CT office.
As an Estimator, you are responsible for preparing estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, mapping, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, mapping, specifications, and related documents.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains cost data base by entering and backing up data.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Attends site visits with stakeholder.
Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, construction sciences or similar relevant field
(5) Five years’ experience as a construction estimator.
Proficient computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook). Familiarity with HCSS HeavyBid.
- In-depth knowledge of project management.
- Hands on experience with complex data research activities.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods and KPIs.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver.
- Knowledge of Environmental Guidelines, SWPPP requirements.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!