Riggs Distler & Co., Inc. is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated Estimator for immediate hire.
As an Estimator, you are responsible for assembling timely, accurate and well organized estimates and proposals for various projects within the Heavy Civil Business Unit. You will develop and maintain good relationships with clients, subcontractors and field personnel to ensure project success and advance company objectives. The position is located in Wayne, PA and will require routine local travel for pre-bid and site visits.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assembling timely, accurate and well organized estimates and proposals for various projects including, Stipulated Price, Design Build and Construction/Project Management formats.
- Complete on-screen takeoff of project.
- Develop cost estimates, bids and contract revisions that address every part of building a project; prepare request for quotations for purchasing components and cost analysis.
- Responsible for estimating equipment, labor, material and subcontractors required for the project. Coordinate input from other company departments to develop cost estimates that meet customer requirements.
- Produce accurate budgets from conceptual and schematic design phases through final estimates
- Formulate cost breakdown from estimates to track project progress.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or similar degree or equivalent combination of education and professional experience in earthwork, underground utilities, heavy highway, industrial, structural concrete and demolition.
Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Civil Estimator for a self-perform contractor, additional time working within the industry as a field operative, project manager or engineer.
Advanced computer skills in HCSS Heavy Bid, MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point) and other estimating industry standard software. Preferred computer skills: Bluebeam, HCSS Heavy Job, Primavera P6, MS Project.
- Strong understanding of civil design and technical writing, including plan review for constructability and standard specification such as PennDot, NJDOT and/or USACE.
- Understanding of various union agreements in regards to trade assignment (Laborers, Operators, Carpenters, etc.) in formatting estimates and bid packages.
- Proficiency in writing clear and concise proposals, RFI’s and other communications as part of estimates and bid packages.
- Broad understanding of contractual terms and conditions
- Knowledge of local and regional suppliers and specialty subcontractors with the ability to efficiently buy out jobs and prepare purchase orders.
- Ability to lead hands off meetings with field Project Managers and Superintendents. Follow up with change orders and other support tasks for active projects
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!
Send Resume and Cover Letter with salary expectations to HR@riggsdistler.com