Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a disciplined, reliable, and highly motivated Field Diesel Mechanic based out of Portland, ME.
As a Field Diesel Mechanic, you are responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and maintaining heavy duty utility line trucks, including truck mounted aerial platforms, digger derricks and cranes.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Diagnostics and repair of hydraulic & electrical systems
- Read and understand hydraulic & electrical schematics
- Organize work efficiently, complete assignments in a timely manner.
- Maintain heavy duty utility line trucks.
- 90% travel required
- Comply with all Safety policies and requirements for the position, including successful completion of training and proper use of personal protective equipment, and incidents reporting.
- Comply with DOT regulations
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Maintain the company vehicle clean
Technical school graduate
5 years’ experience required
Must be able to use a PC
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in diagnostics and repair of hydraulic & electrical systems
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill, courteous with a positive attitude
- Valid drivers’ license is required
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- CDL preferred
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Education Assistance
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!