Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is one of the oldest and largest union electrical and utility contractors the United States. For over 110 years we have successfully completed a wide range of projects ranging from the Empire State Building to the National Constitution Center. Our employees perform utility, industrial and commercial electrical, and mechanical service for Fortune 100 companies located in the United State. Typical projects include power generating plants, refineries, chemical facilities, steel mills, hospitals, educational facilities, substations, transmission, and distribution power lines, underground directional drilling.
Responsible for the directing the project’s field operations including means and methods. Will be responsible for accurate record keeping including negotiating change orders, invoicing, craft and site administrative personnel’s time, daily reports for construction projects. Projects will vary from less than $1M to $10M.
- (10+) Years’ experience in verifiable experience in heavy industrial and heavy civil earthwork, underground utilities, site concrete and roadway construction with self-perform contractors as a field operations superintendent and/or project manager.
- Engineering background with Estimating and Project Management experience with some college preferred but not necessary.
- Manage union crews of foreman, laborers, operating engineers, iron workers and carpenters on projects from $500k to over $10 million
- Minimum of OSHA 30 training and be totally committed to enforcement of all regulatory and Corporate Health and Safety Requirements.
- Manages all facets of project construction
- Manages project team by providing direction and leadership
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of the day-to-day management services for the duration of the project
- Coordinate and attend project planning meetings, pre-design and design meetings
- Inspect the site; review and/or coordinate design reviews for the various disciplines, review for code compliance and adherence to the contract requirements
- Recommend approval or rejection of submittals as appropriate; monitor progress with regard to schedule and delivery dates
- Prepare, correspondence for the Contracting Officer’s signature, maintain complete records of A/E contract documents, project related documents, plans and specifications, samples, keep track of all changes in construction specifications and drawings, maintain the latest approved construction documents and A/E’s performance evaluation
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets
- Monitor expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget
Riggs Distler offers a very competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, accrued PTO and employer-matched 401k. Riggs Distler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.
IMMEDIATE HIRE FOR PENDING LINDEN NJ PROJECT
Send Resume and Cover Letter with salary expectations to Michael Dalton (firstname.lastname@example.org)