Responsible for the directing the project’s field operations including means and methods. Will be responsible for accurate record keeping including negotiating change orders, invoicing, craft and site administrative personnel’s time, daily reports for construction projects. Projects will vary from less than $1M to $10M.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage union crews of foreman, laborers, operating engineers, iron workers and carpenters on projects from $500k to over $10 million
- Manages all facets of project construction
- Manages project team by providing direction and leadership
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of the day-to-day management services for the duration of the project
- Coordinate and attend project planning meetings, pre-design and design meetings
- Inspect the site; review and/or coordinate design reviews for the various disciplines, review for code compliance and adherence to the contract requirements
- Recommend approval or rejection of submittals as appropriate; monitor progress with regard to schedule and delivery dates
- Prepare, correspondence for the Contracting Officer’s signature, maintain complete records of A/E contract documents, project related documents, plans and specifications, samples, keep track of all changes in construction specifications and drawings, maintain the latest approved construction documents and A/E’s performance evaluation
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets
- Monitor expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget
- (10+) Years’ verifiable experience in heavy industrial and heavy civil earthwork, underground utilities, site concrete and roadway construction with self-perform contractors as a field operations superintendent and/or project manager.
- Engineering background with Estimating and Project Management experience with some college preferred but not necessary.
- Minimum of OSHA 30 training and be totally committed to enforcement of all regulatory and Corporate Health and Safety Requirements.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Education Assistance
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!