Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is one of the oldest and largest union mechanical, electrical and utility contractors the United States. For over 110 years we have successfully completed a wide range of projects ranging from the Empire State Building to the National Constitution Center. Our employees perform utility, industrial and commercial electrical, matting and environmental construction, and mechanical service for Fortune 100 companies located in the United States. Typical projects include power generating plants, refineries, chemical facilities, steel mills, hospitals, educational facilities, substations, transmission, and distribution power lines, underground directional drilling, ROW construction and maintenance.
Riggs Distler & Co. is seeking a full time Human Resources Director with ten plus years of experience gained through progressive and senior level human resources positions in middle market companies. This position is in Cherry Hill and will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Summary: The Human Resources Director will play a pivotal leadership role in shepherding the Riggs Distler organization through its business growth plans as outlined in the company’s strategic plan. This key role will provide guidance, support and specific action plans around the following major areas of discipline:
- Organizational planning and development aligned with company vision and values
- Human resource strategic policy and procedure management and administration
- Employee recruiting, onboarding, retention and succession planning management and administration
- Compensation and benefits development, management and administration
- Legal, regulatory, and statutory compliance and reporting related to human resources
- Employee development and education programs
- Culture leadership and development
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with senior and middle leadership teams to assist and support development of organization and staffing plans that will align with the company’s strategic plans and meet company annual operating plan objectives.
- Develop and propose HR policies and procedures that will effectively serve as guidelines to the organization as it operates the business under its strategic growth plan.
- Develop cost effective and efficient employee recruiting and retention programs that ensure the company builds and maintains a best-in-class workforce with minimal employee turnover. Plan and develop a well though-out employee succession plan that maintains the organization’s experience, talent and values employee base.
- Develop and manage the company’s compensation and benefits programs to ensure market competitiveness, consistency and compliance with labor laws and regulations. Compensation programs include base salary, short term incentive programs and long term (equity) programs. Benefits programs include health insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, holidays, etc. Areas of focus include salary grade structure, position job design and descriptions, performance appraisal program, etc.
- Full and strict compliance with all legal, regulatory and related laws and requirements, including EEO, OSHA, ERISA, wage and hour, etc.). Identify, correct and monitor company exposure related to all legal requirements. Function as the primary contact with external legal counsel and outside labor agencies.
- Active leader in the planning, development and administration of all programs and activities related to employee development and education. Work closely with all management levels in the organization to build a stronger and deeper employee knowledge base throughout the company, committing to a “promote from within” company culture.
- Coach and advise to leaders on people strategy (Organization Design, Change Management, Talent Management and Employee Engagement)
- Active leader in the planning, development and administration of all programs and activities related to company culture. Work closely with all management levels in the organization to build a stronger and deeper company culture, committing to the belief that culture is the “hidden asset” of a successful company.
- Develop and generate human capital metrics and reporting as operating tools for management to better operate the business.
- Manage the HR department, including department annual operating plan and costs.
- Manage and maximize efficiency of the company HRIS system.
- Active participant and support in all company merger and acquisition activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Development/Administration or equivalent business degree; Master’s degree a plus
- Ten plus years of experienced gained through progressive and senior level human resources positions in middle market companies
- Deep experience in high growth businesses, with effective ability to deal with fast paced and changing organizations and priorities
- Strong technical experience and abilities in human resource and labor related laws and regulations
- Must be hands-on, flexible, and high ability to manage change
- Must be able to work the hours required to support all business objectives and plans; must be able to travel as required in the position
- Knowledge of HRIS systems, Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- M&A experience, both due diligence and integration
- Holder of all notable HR certifications, including SHRM, PHR, SPHR, etc.
- Strong organizational skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
Company Benefits: Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. offers a very competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, accrued PTO and employer-matched 401k. Riggs Distler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.
TO APPLY: Send Resume and Cover Letter with salary expectations to Al Fosbenner (email@example.com)