Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is one of the oldest and largest union utility, heavy industrial, and power generation contractors the United States. For over 100 years, we’ve helped the Energy and Utility industry develop the infrastructure that powers the Eastern United States. Typical projects include power generating plants, refineries, chemical facilities, steel mills, hospitals, educational facilities, substations, transmission, and distribution power lines, underground directional drilling, ROW construction and maintenance.
Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a full time Operations Manager with 10+ years’ experience in heavy civil, industrial/commercial site work and utility construction for our Heavy Civil Group.
Responsible for the management of multiple heavy civil construction projects. You will work closely with our client and our project managers to complete ground up projects of varying size and scope. As the Operations Manager you will be responsible for a staff of Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, Superintendents and craft personnel to promote and ensure safe work practice and conditions. Manages project team by providing direction and leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of the day-to-day management services for the duration of the project
- Coordinate and attend project planning meetings, pre-design and design meetings
- Inspect the site; review and/or coordinate design reviews for the various disciplines, review for code compliance and adherence to the contract requirements
- Recommend approval or rejection of submittals as appropriate; monitor progress with regard to schedule and delivery dates
- Prepare, correspondence for the Contracting Officer’s signature, maintain complete records of A/E contract documents, project related documents, plans and specifications, samples, keep track of all changes in construction specifications and drawings, maintain the latest approved construction documents and A/E’s performance evaluation
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets
- Monitor expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget
- Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint, experience with construction management software such as Primavera preferred
- Must be able to communicate in a professional, business-like manner (using clear and precise language)
- Work experience tracking and updating schedules, RFIs, submittals, payment analysis, review of ongoing work at the site, attendance of meetings and project coordination with the costumer preferred.
- Competencies must include change order pricing proficiency, change orders & material expediting, purchasing & procurement, construction planning & scheduling.
- OSHA safety training preferred
Riggs Distler offers a very competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, accrued PTO and employer-matched 401k. Riggs Distler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.
TO APPLY: Send Resume and Cover Letter with salary expectations to Joe Seaman (email@example.com)