Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated Project Administrator to support our Electrical Overhead Distribution Group in our Rocky Hill, CT office.
As a Project Administrator, you will administer, coordinate, and support the department to ensure accurate, complete, and on-time administrative work is performed to meet departmental and organizational goals.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles daily processing of administrative items in a complete, accurate, and timely manner to ensure the department can meet their daily goals.
- Supports management by compiling and entering data into the system to ensure accuracy of records.
- Reviews time sheets for accurate payroll processing and cost allocations to various clients.
- Compiles billing information into spreadsheets for project manager review, then submits for processing for accurate and timely invoicing.
- Maintains records for employees, commercial truck usage, and other items to track current personnel and equipment usage.
- Creates job packages and daily change updates for field crews when the projects are approved, to keep everyone on track of project status, changes, etc.
- Operates as a conduit and depository for daily and weekly updates on current projects to maintain up-to-date knowledge and documentation for customers and the project management team regarding project progress.
- Performs tracking and maintenance of relevant office supplies to ensure ready access to all needed tools.
- Assists the department by establishing administrative process efficiencies to ensure departmental and organizational success.
High School Diploma or GED with administrative experience preferred; will consider an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
1+ years’ experience in administration within a construction, utility, or similar industry preferred; will consider someone with related experience as a clerk, bookkeeper, or similar role.
Strong proficiency with MS Office products, especially Excel. Able to type 50+ WPM with the ability to pass Microsoft Skills assessment test.
- Experience with handling and supporting administration activities. Strong organization, coordination, prioritization, and an ability to multi-task.
- Excellent time management skills with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid analytical, problem-solving, and math skills. Ability to anticipate needs and respond appropriately.
- Self-starter who can work independently and within a team. High sense of urgency and the ability to get things done well and on-time. Able to develop and enhance processes and create efficiencies on a day-to-day basis. Handles situations politely and professionally.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, who is collaborative, trusting of others, has a strong work ethic and can work independently or with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Limited travel up to 10%.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!