Riggs Distler & Company, Inc., is one of the oldest and largest union mechanical, electrical and utility contractors the United States. For over 100 years we have successfully completed a wide range of projects ranging from the Empire State Building to the National Constitution Center. Our employees perform utility, industrial and commercial electrical, matting and environmental construction, and mechanical service for Fortune 100 companies located in the United States. Typical projects include power generating plants, refineries, chemical facilities, steel mills, hospitals, educational facilities, substations, transmission, and distribution power lines, underground directional drilling, ROW construction and maintenance.
Riggs Distler & Company Inc. is seeking a full time Electrical Estimator with 5-10 years’ experience in electrical substation and industrial work with our Utility Substation & Industrial Electric Groups in Cherry Hill, NJ.
Summary: Candidate will be responsible for researching RFP, perform site visits and develop Project Estimate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify bid opportunities and selection of projects to bid
- Perform Site Visits for RFP Pre-Bids and Site evaluation.
- Perform estimates with ability to perform detailed takeoffs for electrical projects; with a focus on utility substations and major industrial projects.
- Request subcontract and material pricing from vendors.
- Develop estimates for indirect craft, non-manual staff, construction equipment, and facilities.
- Develop project execution plans and resource loaded schedule for project.
- Work with team to develop comprehensive proposals for internal and external review.
- Interact with construction team to provide guidance on estimate for projects and interpret field data for future estimating use.
- Flexibility to perform some project management duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or Business with 5 plus years’ experience or relevant work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of estimating, construction, design, finance and project management.
- Ability to read drawings and perform construction take-offs on electrical work.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Able to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with people in course of work
- Good judgment and decision-making skills
- This position may require some travel.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint, experience with construction management software such as Primavera preferred
- Must be able to communicate in a professional, business-like manner (using clear and precise language)
- Work experience within the industry preferred.
Company Benefits: Riggs Distler & Co., Inc. offers a very competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, accrued PTO and employer-matched 401k. Riggs Distler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.