Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated Project Manager to support our Electrical Overhead Distribution Group out of our Cherry Hill, NJ office.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the management of multiple electrical utility distribution projects of varying scope and size, typically less than $5 Million. You will work closely with customers to successfully complete ground up projects and will direct assistant project managers, superintendents and union craft personnel to promote and ensure safe work practices and conditions.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all facets of project construction.
- Manages project team by providing direction and leadership.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of the day-to-day management services for the duration of all projects assigned
- Coordinate and attend project planning meetings, pre-design and design meetings.
- Inspect the site, review and/or coordinate design reviews for the various disciplines, review for code compliance and adherence to the contract requirements.
- Recommend approval or rejection of submittals as appropriate; monitor progress with regard to schedule and delivery dates.
- Prepare correspondence for the Contracting Officer’s signature, maintain complete records of contract documents, project related documents, plans and specifications, samples. Keeps track of all changes in construction specifications and drawings, maintain the latest approved construction documents and performance evaluation.
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines and budgets.
- Monitors expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget.
- Previous experience in project management of large scale facilities and/or federal and state contract (medium to high voltage distribution projects preferred)
- Work experience tracking and updating schedules, RFIs, submittals, payment analysis, review of ongoing work at the site, attendance of meeting and project coordination with the customer.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
5 years of progressive construction management experience in the Overhead Utility Distribution field.
Proficient computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook). Experience with construction management software such as Primavera preferred. Proficient typing skills, 50 + WPM.
- Advance organizational skill, able to accomplish multiple priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with customers and RDC team members at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication, leadership and team building skills. Must have the ability to communicate information and state problems and challenges in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- OSHA Safety training preferred
- 25% travel is required at times
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!