As the Project Manager, you will oversee projects and provide direction for the project teams to ensure projects align with Customer specifications, objectives, timelines and budgets. You will be responsible for the management of multiple matting projects of varying scope and size. You will work closely with customers to successfully complete ground up projects and will direct assistant project managers, superintendents and union craft personnel to promote and ensure safe work practices and conditions.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
A. Project Management Leadership: 100 % of the Job
1. Reviews Project Scope and quote from the Estimator for full understanding of outcome goals.
2. Sources materials through key suppliers to ensure the highest quality product that aligns to the budget.
3. Manages the projects from start to finish ensuring customer specifications, objectives, timelines and budgets are met.
4. Liaisons with the Customer on a regular basis to provide progress updates, exchange ideas, answer questions, and meet the Customer’s expectations in every way.
5. Leads the project team, providing direction, leadership, mentoring, and day-to-day management support in accordance with project priorities.
6. Conducts site visits to monitor project development, safety, and inspect for code compliance and adherence to contract requirements to ensure all periodic milestones are met.
7. Maintains oversight of applicable project documentation including samples, plans and specifications, contracts, change orders and pricing changes, etc. to ensure project remains on course with most up-to-date specifications.
8. Provides progress reports, cost to complete, and other weekly and/or month-end supporting documentation to ensure specifications and expenses fall within the prescribed guidelines.
9. Oversees project invoicing, including timesheets, resources and material allocations, expenses, and accounts receivable collections to verify proper billing processes are followed and budgets remain in-line.
10. Facilitates client walk-through(s) of project site to maintain Customer satisfaction.
11. Administers high-quality, timely and excellent customer service to promote the organization as an industry leader.
A. Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or similar field; will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
B. Experience:5+ years of related project management experience in construction or environmental industries preferred.
C. Certification(s): PMP preferred
D. Functional Skills: Solid ability in analysis, project management, processes; first-rate organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize, multi-task, with excellent attention to details and follow through to ensure successful projects every time. Strong knowledge of estimating, construction, design, finance/budgeting and project management. Strong ability to manage outcomes on projects for success. Lifting up to 50 lbs. sporadically. Travel: 10% travel to job sites is required.
E. Technology Aptitude/Skills: Solid MS Office, with construction management software skills; Primavera experience preferred.
F. Language Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present well and collaborate with clients in a professional way.
G. Leadership/Behaviors: Strong customer focus; excellent leadership and mentoring abilities; excellent negotiation and influencing skills; highly accountable with a strong quality focus; able to work through conflict; flexible and adaptable to change; supportive of a team.
H. Culture Match Behaviors: Entrepreneurial spirit, who is collaborative, trusting of others, has strong work ethic, and can work well independently or with others in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!