Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is one of the oldest and largest union electrical and utility contractors the United States. For over 110 years we have successfully completed a wide range of projects ranging from the Empire State Building to the National Constitution Center. Our employees perform utility, industrial and commercial electrical, and mechanical service for Fortune 100 companies located in the United States. Typical projects include power generating plants, refineries, chemical facilities, steel mills, hospitals, educational facilities, substations, transmission, and distribution power lines, underground directional drilling.
Responsible for the managing the project’s field operations including means and methods of heavy civil construction projects including underground utility, water, sewer and drainage, earthwork, concrete structures and foundation work in Industrial, Commercial and Public Works Projects utilizing Union work forces. Will be responsible for accurate record keeping including negotiating change orders, invoicing, craft and site administrative personnel’s time. Projects will vary from less than $1M to $10M and may involve multiple, concurrent Projects. These positions will report to either in our Wayne, Pa. or Cherry Hill, NJ offices but will be 80% job site based (Job Site Trailer) in various locations in New Jersey (state wide) or Eastern Pennsylvania.
- Manage union crews of foreman, laborers, operating engineers, iron workers and carpenters on projects from $500k to over $20 million
- Minimum of OSHA 30 training and be totally committed to enforcement of all regulatory and Corporate Health and Safety Requirements. Continued skill training is supported by the Company.
- Manages all facets of project construction
- Manages project team by providing direction and leadership
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of the day-to-day management services for the duration of the project
- Coordinate and attend project planning meetings, pre-design and design meetings
- Inspect the site; review and/or coordinate design reviews for the various disciplines, review for code compliance and adherence to the contract requirements
- Recommend approval or rejection of submittals as appropriate; monitor progress with regard to schedule and delivery dates
- Prepare, correspondence for the Contracting Officer’s signature, maintain complete records of A/E contract documents, project related documents, plans and specifications, samples, keep track of all changes in construction specifications and drawings, maintain the latest approved construction documents and A/E’s performance evaluation
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets
- Monitor expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget
- (10+) Years’ experience in verifiable experience in heavy industrial and heavy civil earthwork, underground utilities, site concrete and roadway construction with self-perform contractors as a field operations superintendent and/or project manager
- Engineering degree with Estimating and Project Management experience with college preferred but not necessary. Civil Engineering degree is a definite plus. HCSS Heavy Bid and Heavy Job experience preferred along with some working exposure to Primavera P6. Continued skill training is supported by the Company.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work well and communicate with internal and external individuals at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving
- Strong work ethic
Riggs Distler offers a very competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, accrued PTO and employer-matched 401k.
IMMEDIATE HIRE FOR VARIOUS PROJECTS IN NORTH AND CENTRAL NEW JERSEY, EASTERN PA, AND PHILADELPHIA METRO
Riggs Distler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.
Send Resume and Cover Letter with salary expectations to Human Resources (HR@riggsdistler.com)