OVERALL PURPOSE: WHY THE JOB EXISTS & WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As the Project Manager, you will manage multiple projects varying in size and scope (typically under $5M) to ensure RFP’s and Project scope, due dates and budget are achieved.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & EXPECTED OUTCOMES: YOUR ACCOUNTABILITIES IN THE ROLE
- Manages potential bid opportunities and estimating, including site visits and evaluations with customers to support an effective process.
- Research specifications and information surrounding the project and solicits pricing from select material suppliers and subcontractors to determine best fit as it relates to skills needed and competitive pricing.
- Reviews, edits, or prepares estimates including material pricing, supplier and subcontractor selection, construction equipment and facilities, etc. to ensure customer specifications are met and company financial goals are achieved.
- Plans, manages, and oversees project planning meetings, execution plans and resource-loaded scheduling to ensure each project remains within established specifications, timelines, and budget.
- Manages site visits including audits, review of safety procedures, customer meetings and process updates to manage and meet customer project budget expectations.
- Provides continual client updates and reporting to ensure all customer expectations and business goals are achieved.
- Manages, oversees, and mentors Assistant Project Managers to help them continually develop in the role, as well as ensure activities are in line with expectations.
- Review, edits, and creates processes within the area to ensure effective activities that are aligned to the customer and business goals.
- Tracks project goals, timelines, and budgets on a continual basis to ensure projects stay on track.
- Oversees and ensures project documents, contracts, change orders, samples, etc. are kept for a clear history of the project.
- 25% travel to job sites is required
Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or similar field. Will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
3+ years of related project management experience in the construction drilling field.
Excellent MS Office, with construction management software skills preferred; Primavera experience preferred. Training will be provided on the current processes and software used.
- Solid ability in researching, analysis, project management, and processes.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask with strong attention to detail and excellent follow through to ensure successful projects every time.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in change order pricing preferred, basic knowledge of estimating, construction, design, finance, and project management.
- Ability to apply instructions and take initiative.
- Strong customer focus, able to handle multiple projects and work outside comfort zone to learn and grow in role.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative, trusting of others, with strong work ethic.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs sporadically.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Riggs Distler is a Certified Great Place to work. We promote a culture of empowerment and learning so our team can develop and grow. We work together with respect, cooperation, and clear communication to achieve a common goal. You’ll able to grow your career while enjoying all the best benefits and rewards that Riggs Distler offers. You will be able to find a work/life balance here. You will enjoy being part of Riggs Distler family supporting one another through mentoring, development, fundraising, volunteering, and various charity work.
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!
|Job Category||Transmission & Drilling|