Riggs Distler & Co., Inc. is seeking a highly motivated two (2) project managers in transmission based out of Cherry Hill, NJ.
Responsible for the management of multiple electrical utility transmission and distribution construction projects. You’ll work closely with the Customer to complete ground up projects of varying size and scope. You’ll direct Assistant Project Managers, Superintendents and craft personnel to promote and ensure safe work practice and conditions. Projects will vary from less than $1M to $25M.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages all facets of project construction
- Manages project team by providing direction and leadership
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of the day-to-day management services for the duration of the project
- Coordinate and attend project planning meetings, pre-design and design meetings
- Inspect the site; review and/or coordinate design reviews for the various disciplines, review for code compliance and adherence to the contract requirements
- Recommend approval or rejection of submittals as appropriate; monitor progress with regard to schedule and delivery dates
- Prepare, correspondence for the Contracting Officer’s signature, maintain complete records of A/E contract documents, project related documents, plans and specifications, samples, keep track of all changes in construction specifications and drawings, maintain the latest approved construction documents and A/E’s performance evaluation
- Track progress of projects against goals, objectives, timelines, and budgets
- Monitor expenses to ensure they fall within the prescribed budget
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Construction Management preferred
5 years’ experience required
Must be computer literate and proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint, experience with construction management software such as Primavera preferred
- Must be able to communicate in a professional, business-like manner (using clear and precise language)
- Work experience tracking and updating schedules, RFIs, submittals, payment analysis, review of ongoing work at the site, attendance of meetings and project coordination with the costumer
- OSHA safety training preferred
- Previous experience in project management of large scale facilities and/or Federal and state contracts (medium to high voltage distribution projects and substation construction preferred)
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Education Assistance
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!