Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated Project Manager to support our Underground Gas Utility Group.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the management of multiple gas utility projects. You will work closely with our customers to complete ground up projects varying in size from $1 Million to $15 M. You will be responsible for directing Assistant Project Managers, Superintendents and Craft Personnel to promote and ensure safe work practices and conditions.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, promote and ensure project specific safety and environmental plans.
- Manage all facets of project construction, including creating and managing project schedules.
- Provide direction and leadership to project team.
- Prepare and maintain budget cost control, production tracking system and forecast cost to complete project.
- Procure project materials and services by negotiating favorable terms with vendors.
- Ensure delivery of day-to-day management services for the duration of the project.
- Supervisor preparation of invoices for work performed, follow-up on overdue balances.
- Coordinate and attend project planning, pre-design and design meetings.
- Inspect the site prior to project start, make periodic visits during construction to ensure quality and adherence to contract requirements.
- Recommend approval or rejection of submittals and vendor invoices as appropriate. Monitor progress with regard to schedule and delivery dates.
- Maintain complete records of contract and project related documents, plans, specifications and samples. Track all changes to construction specification and drawings, maintaining the latest approved construction documents and owner’s performance evaluation. Prepare correspondence for owner/construction manager’s signature.
- Track progress of project against goals, objectives, timeliness and budget.
- Serve as mentor to subordinates
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction related field preferred.
5 years of progressive experience in construction management in the underground utility field. Experience in tracking and updating schedules, RFIs, submittals, payment analysis, work site review, attendance of meeting and project coordination with customer.
Proficient computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook). Experience with construction management software such as Primavera preferred.
- Excellent communication, leadership and team building skills. Must have the ability to communicate information and state problems and challenges in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with customers and RDC team members at all levels of the organization.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!
|Job Category||Gas Distribution|