Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is one of the oldest and largest union electrical and utility contractors the United States. For over 100 years we have successfully completed a wide range of projects ranging from the Empire State Building to the National Constitution Center. Our employees perform utility, industrial and commercial electrical, matting and environmental construction, and mechanical service for Fortune 100 companies located in the United States. Typical projects include power generating plants, refineries, chemical facilities, steel mills, substations, transmission, and distribution power lines, underground directional drilling, ROW construction and maintenance.
Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a full time Quality Control Manager with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Heavy Industrial and Generation business.
Summary; The QAQC Director is primarily responsible for providing direction and oversight to Heavy Industrial and Generation Operation, including the establishment and maintenance of a QAQC Manuals and Procedures for the Mechanical, Civil and Electrical groups. This role reports to the Senior Director of Heavy Industrial and Generation in Cherry Hill, NJ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain quality processes and procedures to assure consistent application of industry standards in execution of all
- Budget, plan, and execute quality plans for all projects/alliances.
- Interface with VPs of Operations to reaffirm all programs and procedures and to establish consistent checkpoints for all projects.
- Direct and hire all project QAQC managers/technicians as appropriate for the projects.
- Interface with customers QAQC departments and establish relationships with corporate customers.
- Perform other duties as required or
- 10+ years related experience managing quality assurance/quality control
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Certified Welding Inspector
- Outstanding knowledge of QAQC standards and
- Demonstrated management skill and
- Excellent analytical and organizational
- Demonstrated ability and strong knowledge of training techniques.
- Previous experience in radiographic testing, magnetic particle testing, and liquid penetrant testing
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information, such as codes (ASME and API), specifications, drawings and reports, as well as ability to prepare work plans for specific
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work well and communicate with internal and external individuals at all
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and
- OSHA safety training, TWIC and Process Safety Management preferred
- Work experience within the heavy industrial industry including refining, power, chemical and industrial projects.
- Travel as required for the greater Philadelphia, Baltimore and New York areas.
Company Benefits: Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. offers a very competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, accrued PTO and employer-matched 401k. Riggs Distler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.