OVERALL PURPOSE: WHY THE JOB EXISTS & WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As a Diesel Mechanic, you are responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining heavy duty utility line trucks, including truck mounted aerial platforms, digger derricks and cranes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & EXPECTED OUTCOMES: YOUR ACCOUNTABILITIES IN THE ROLE
Diagnostics and repair of hydraulic & electrical systems for Optimal Fleet Utilization: 100 % of the Job
- Read and understand hydraulic & electrical schematics.
- Performs routine maintenance on large trucks and equipment in accordance with local, state and federal regulations to ensure optimal operation, high performance and longevity.
- Performs thorough inspections to diagnose issues, including test driving trucks or operating equipment as needed, to ensure efficient use of time and accurate repair.
- Executes full repair of each truck or piece of equipment verifying all issues were solved to ensure complete, timely and accurate reinstatement to the fleet.
- Performs comprehensive investigations into complex issues or patterned obstacles until sufficient solutions can be found to ensure a consistent, optimal turnaround and performance on all vehicles.
- Handles incoming inquiries and concerns and proactively communicates regarding issues, timelines and updates to ensure excellent customer service. Expedites specific work as needed to meet deadlines.
- Always complies with all safety policies and requirements for the position, including successful completion of training and proper use of personal protective equipment, and incidents reporting.
- Complies with DOT regulations.
- Facilitates accurate recordkeeping of inventory and repaired trucks/equipment for proper tracking and efficient departmental operations.
- Reviews and operates in accordance with the most up-to-date rules and regulations to ensure all trucks meet required specifications, retrofitting as needed.
Education: A High School Diploma or GED; will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
Licenses/Certifications: A Valid Driver’s License. CDL preferred.
Experience: 3+ years of diesel mechanic experience. Will consider someone with related experience in standard automotive mechanic or heavy-duty truck maintenance roles.
Technology Skills: Diagnostic software experience required; basic MS Office preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving and logical application skills.
- High attention to detail, accuracy and time-management skills.
- Mechanically-minded with aptitude for identifying, diagnosing and fixing mechanical issues; strong understanding of diesel engine rules and regulations.
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task; able to read and understand processes and procedures.
- Validates all work done to ensure accuracy in work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Can discuss complex, technical issues calmly to educate others.
- Strong focus on quality, thoroughness and accuracy; solid customer and team focus; flexible and adaptable to changing priorities; safety-minded.
- Ability to sit and operate a motor vehicle occasionally
- Ability to operate keyboard and view computer screen occasionally
- Ability to use hands and fingers and to reach for and handle objects to perform tasks frequently
- Ability to work in awkward positions and tight spaces frequently
- Ability to read and respond due to nature of the work on a frequent basis
- Ability to talk and communicate with others via phone, in-person, and/or computer frequently
- Ability to listen to customers, problem-solve, and respond frequently
- Ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, reach, stoop, squat, kneel, crouch, twist, push, pull, and carry items frequently
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. frequently
WHAT WE OFFER:
Riggs Distler is a Certified Great Place to work. We promote a culture of empowerment and learning so our team can develop and grow. We work together with respect, cooperation, and clear communication to achieve a common goal. You’ll able to grow your career while enjoying all the best benefits and rewards that Riggs Distler offers. You will be able to find a work/life balance here. You will enjoy being part of Riggs Distler family supporting one another through mentoring, development, fundraising, volunteering, and various charity work.
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!