Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated Supply Chain Manager to join our dynamic team.
As the Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for the efficient and cost-effective management of the supply chain for the Riggs Distler business, to include both project based and administrative suppliers and subcontractors. The Supply Chain Manager will build the external and internal relationships necessary to meet the needs of company projects and administrative offices. These needs include the procurement of project subcontract labor, project materials and supplies, project equipment rentals, shop tooling and supplies, and office equipment and supplies. The Supply Chain Manager will also collaborate with Operations, Finance and IT to fully implement a committed cost system in the company’s ERP system (J.D. Edwards). The Supply Chain Manager will build both the supply chain and the committed costs system to be scalable to the strategic growth plan of Riggs Distler.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and re-structure the company’s supply chain via RFP processes for project and administrative related subcontract labor, equipment, materials, supplies, tools, rentals, etc. The specific goals of the RFP processes are to build a reliable, scalable and service oriented supply chain, and to reduce project and administrative costs via direct rate reductions and purchase rebate programs.
- Develop and maintain strong and professional relationships with all suppliers and subcontractors in the company’s supply chain.
- Develop and maintain strong and professional relationships with all internal customers, including Operations, Finance, IT, Fleet/Tool Room, Safety and Corporate Legal.
- Implement an integrated committed cost system within the company’s ERP system (J.D. Edwards), working closely with all internal constituents (Finance, Project Controls, Operations, IT) affected by the committed cost system. The specific goal of the committed costs system is to be able to better forecast all lump sum project purchases (materials, equipment, rentals, supplies, etc.).
- Work closely with Corporate Legal on the administration of all subcontractor agreement terms & conditions. This responsibility will ensure full compliance and consistency with the company approved subcontractor agreement and minimize project subcontractor risk.
- Fully participate in all major project pre-project planning meetings related to all project procurement and subcontract labor needs. This action will ensure proactive supply chain planning on project procurement requirements, while at the same time further strengthening the relationship with Operations.
- Develop a supply chain management metrics database, to include annual spend by vendor, diversity spend, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
10 + years of progressive experience in union construction industry required.
Purchasing or supply chain management certification.
Strong ERP system experience and advanced Excel skills.
- Advanced organization and negotiating skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with vendors, subcontractors and employees at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!