OVERALL PURPOSE: WHY THE JOB EXISTS & WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As a Union Laborer, you will be responsible for performing various tasks to aid daily operations at a construction site. Your duties include installing and removing environmental controls, assisting equipment operators and foremen with duties, assisting in underground construction, operating equipment, loading and unloading tools or materials throughout the construction process. This position will be based out of our Dundalk, MD Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & EXPECTED OUTCOMES: YOUR ACCOUNTABILITIES IN THE ROLE
Performing duties primarily requiring physical exertion: 100 % of the Job
- Assists in road building and using a shovel, rake, and equipment specific to construction.
- Assists equipment operators & foremen with duties.
- Operates small equipment (ie. Jackhammers, wacker/tampers, etc.)
- Pushes wheelbarrow to move sand, asphalt, debris, or stone for street repairs.
- Loads and unloads heavy material from trucks and vans; moves or aids in moving heavy boxes or equipment and large and bulky objects; drives automobiles, vans, light trucks, and other single chassis vehicles, if required by work assignment.
- Always prioritizes safety throughout the operation for yourself and others in accordance with regulatory statutes and Riggs Distler Safety standards.
- Performs related work as required.
- 100% local travel to construction sites is required for this role.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required; will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
Experience: Construction related experience.
Certification(s)/Licenses: Valid Driver’s License. Class A CDL a plus.
Technology/Aptitude Skills: Good analytical skills.
Functional Skills: Basic knowledge of mechanical operating procedures and processes. Good interpersonal skills required to work in a team environment. Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
The new hire will be required to join the IBEW, Local 70 in Maryland.
Riggs Distler is a Certified Great Place to work. We promote a culture of empowerment and learning so our team can develop and grow. We work together with respect, cooperation, and clear communication to achieve a common goal. You will be able to find a work/life balance here. You will enjoy being part of Riggs Distler family supporting one another through mentoring, development, fundraising, volunteering, and various charity work.
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state, or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!