Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a disciplined, reliable, and highly motivated Welder based out of our Saugerties, NY location.
As a Welder, you are responsible for welding and fabrication necessary to support our Fleet department.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform work in a safe manner and follow all safety regulations including wearing all required personal protection equipment (PPE) producing high quality work.
- Prepare materials for welding, fit the components and perform welding process per drawing specification.
- Weld components in all positions consistent with quality requirements.
- Layout, position, align, fit, clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required preparation, configuration and/or position for welding.
- Use tools of measurement for checking dimensions of parts; work to tolerances.
- Visually examine welds for quality.
- Operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade.
- Handle materials as needed by hand, overhead crane, forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Maintain work area in safe, clean and orderly condition.
Technical school graduate (Preferred)
3 years’ experience in welding/fabrication
Routine use of standard office equipment including: phones, computers, photocopiers, etc.
- Ability to handle a physical workload.
- Detail oriented and experienced in MIG, TIG and stick welding
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, bills of material and then layout material.
- Positive and motivated attitude.
- Strong work ethic: proven reliability, attendance & punctuality.
- Ability to work alone, and with others when needed.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- 15% Travel
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Education Assistance
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!