Riggs Distler & Co., Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Yard Master to support our Overhead Distribution and Underground Distribution Groups.
As the Yard Master, you will prioritize, procure and ensure specific quality material is delivered to the operational site(s) to meet the daily project needs.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTED OUTCOMES:
A. Achievement of Material Delivery: 100 % of the Job
1. Reviews project plans and daily priorities to plan, organize and ensure material is available to meet each stage of a project for particular delivery timelines.
2. Administers the selection and procurement of materials, from the systems utilized, to coordinate specific material delivery to applicable yards in alignment with the work package and project stages.
3. Coordinates with various vendors to ensure smooth high-quality material, logistical flow of materials, and that deliveries and returns are processed in an efficient way.
4. Assists the Customer, managers and yard team members to address any special situations that arise, including but not limited to obstacles in delivery/returns, ensuring materials are expedited in accordance with daily project deadlines.
5. Handles the coordination of materials to be returned to the Customer, or effectively disposed of, ensuring all applicable company and environmental policies are followed.
6. Administers consistent communication regarding changes, obstacles, etc. to the Fleet/Project Managers, Customers and yard team members for smooth daily operations.
7. Performs transportation of materials as needed to ensure all projects remain on track for timely completion.
A. Education: HS Diploma or GED; will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
B. Experience: 1+ years of experience in construction industry, logistics, material handling or similar background preferred.
C. Certification(s): Driver’s License with clean driving record required; Class A or B CDL preferred.
D. Functional Skills: Excellent organizational skills; able to plan, prioritize and executive with accuracy; strong sense of urgency; high attention to details; ability to anticipate future needs; excellent time management skills. Able to problem solve and implement effective solutions. Can manage several projects and priorities at the same time.
E. Technology Aptitude/Skills: Basic MS Office skills required; solid construction management software skills preferred
F. Language Skills: Solid verbal and written communication skills; highly collaborative for professional interactions with customers and team members
G. Leadership/Behaviors: Strong safety and customer-focus; supportive of a team and works well with team members from all levels within and outside of the organization; able to approach high-stress situations/tight deadlines in a calm, steady manner; unflappable, thick-skinned.
H. Culture Match Behaviors: Entrepreneurial spirit, who is collaborative, trusting of others, has strong work ethic, and can work well independently or with others in a fast-paced environment.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!