Riggs Distler formally announced our Helping Hands Philanthropic Initiative, “Rigss Distler’s Helping Hands” a little over one year ago after serving our communities for decades. Helping Hands is a volunteer, 100% employee run group who are passionate about collaborating, empowering and inspiring Riggs Distler employees to give back and better the communities we serve. This initiative embodies our spirit of giving back – from the office to the field. While 2020 presented unique challenges with community engagement due to the global pandemic, we still found ways to support our local communities and philanthropic organizations.
Here are some of our initiatives from 2020.
American Red Cross Blood Drive
- 43 donors
- 36 units of blood collected
- 108 hospital patients benefitted
- Donated over 275 pounds of dog/cat food, 40 lbs kitty litter, treats, toys, bedding, cleaning supplies, etc to Homeward Bound Pet Adoption Center.
- Largest single donation they have ever received from a company
- St. Jude appointed Kasey Borusewicz (Helping Hands Chair) and Nicole Hellings (Helping Hands Committee Member) as co-chairs of the Fundraising Committee for the Philadelphia Walk/Run. (details here)
- Supported Ronald McDonald House and the “Change the Luck of a Child” Day of Giving.
Introduction of Volunteer Service Leave
- This program provides a paid-time-off benefit for eligible employees that donate their time to charities or non-profit community sponsored events sponsored by the Riggs Distler Helping Hands Initiative. (details here)
- Riggs Distler, along with Local Union 351, supported Cherry Hill Food Pantry Construction.
- In support of St. Jude, Riggs Distler ran weeklong Facebook Campaign “Move for St. Jude” to create awareness and gain walkers/runners for the event.
- Riggs Distler employees replaced the American Flag at the VFW in Maryland.
- Riggs Distler Publicly Announced Helping Hands Philanthropic initiative. (details here)
- Supported Local Union 654’s Food Drive.
- Guest Sponsor of Ronald McDonald House on their “Served with Love” cooking program.
- Sponsored Ronald McDonald House of SNJ’s Sandcastle Building Contest
- In addition being the local sponsor of the Philadelphia Walk/Run, our team raised over $43,000 for St. Jude. (details here)
- Sponsored Ronald McDonald House Champions of Hope.
- Sponsored Riverbend Environmental Education Center’s largest event: Shiver Quest (details here)
- Supported the Young Men and Women in Charge Foundation.
Food Drive benefitting Cherry Hill Food Pantry
- Collected and donated over 415 pounds of food and $300+ to support families and individuals in need in the Cherry Hill, New Jersey area.
- Giving Tuesday
- Provided can tabs, wish-list goodies, and games to both the Ronald McDonald House of Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia Ronald McDonald House.
- RMDH Lighting Project
- Riggs Distler provided upgrades to Camden RMDH parking lot lighting to increase safety, security, and reduce vandalism.
- Supported Hope’s Door.
- Toy Drive for Toys for Tots
- Cherry Hill, Upper Darby, Brookhaven, and Conshohocken locations all participated in collecting toys, as well as monetary donations, for Burlington County Toys for Tots.
- Riggs was presented with the Commander’s Award for our support.