Diesel Field Mechanic I Providence, RI
Posted on March 3, 2023
Fleet // Administration // Providence, RI
Join Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. a leader in the construction industry with over a century of service supporting America’s most important infrastructure projects in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Riggs Distler has a reputation as an employer of choice in the industry and promotes a safe, exciting, and team-oriented work environment, empowering people to grow and evolve with our business.
As a Diesel Field Mechanic, you are responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining heavy duty utility line trucks, including truck mounted aerial platforms, digger derricks, cranes and earth moving equipment.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Healthcare Plan including Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- HSA Account with Company Contribution
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Student Loan Payment & 529 College Saving Program
- Company Paid:
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Performs routine maintenance on large trucks and equipment in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations to ensure optimal operation, high performance and longevity.
- Handles incoming inquiries and concerns and proactively communicates regarding issues, timelines, and updates to ensure excellent customer service. Expedites specific work as needed to meet deadlines.
- Always complies with all safety policies and requirements for the position, including successful completion of training and proper use of personal protective equipment, and incidents reporting.
- Facilitates accurate recordkeeping of inventory and repaired trucks/equipment for proper tracking and efficient departmental operations.
- 90% travel.
Education, Skills, Experience Needed:
- High School Diploma or GED; will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- A Valid Driver’s License. CDL preferred
- 3+ years of diesel mechanic experience. Will consider someone with related experience in standard automotive mechanic or heavy-duty truck maintenance roles
- Diagnostic software experience required; basic MS Office preferred
- Excellent problem-solving and logical application skills
- Mechanically minded with aptitude for identifying, diagnosing, and fixing mechanical issues, strong understanding of diesel engine rules and regulations
- Strong focus on quality, thoroughness, and accuracy; solid customer and team focus; flexible and adaptable to changing priorities; safety-minded
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. frequently
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.
"*" indicates required fields