Riggs Distler Co., Inc. is one of the oldest and largest union electrical and utility contractors the United States. For over 110 years we have successfully completed a wide range of projects ranging from the Empire State Building to the National Constitution Center. Our employees perform utility, industrial and commercial mechanical, electrical, matting and environmental construction, civil and mechanical service for Fortune 100 companies located in the United States. Typical projects include substations, transmission, and distribution power lines, underground directional drilling, ROW construction and maintenance, power generating plants, refineries, chemical facilities, hospitals, educational facilities, etc.
Riggs Distler & Co., Inc. is seeking a full time EHS Coordinator in the Environmental Health and Safety Group overseeing ET&D Overhead Lines and Matting Services in New England Area. This position will report to the New England Electrical EHS Manager and preferably be based in the area surrounding Lowell, MA supporting projects in MA, NH, and VT. This position will require periodic travel to the Regional Office located in Rocky Hill, CT.
The EHS Coordinator performs multiple functions and duties in support of the Riggs Distler & Co. EHS Program and the companies desire to be a best in class provider of utility construction services. The EHS coordinator works daily directly with the operations management and line crews within their assigned area(s). Safety coordinators are responsible for the collection of EH&S data, review and coordination of EH&S related documentation, develops / assists in the development of project health and safety plans, performance of work area safety observations, performs training including new hire orientations, may assist in the testing of certain Di-electric tools, conducts / supports incident investigations and root cause analysis process, may assist in the settlement of minor property damage claims under direction, supports the companies DOT and Environmental compliance programs. Overnight travel and coverage of storm events is sometimes required.
- Responsible for collecting and filing EH&S related forms, records and documentation;
- Responsible for performing / assisting in the delivery and documentation of training;
- Responsible for processing, Incidents, Near-Miss, and Good Catch Reports and follow-up actions;
- Responsible for collecting data and preparing reports / bulletins related to EH&S initiatives;
- Assists in the preparation of Safety and Environmental Work Plans;
- Participates in the pre-job planning process by attending meetings, assisting in the development of project specific Health and Safety Plans;
- May perform Environmental Compliance Inspections occasionally to support field staff;
- Performs Regulatory Research as required;
- Overnight travel as necessary to support storm restoration work (may be for extended periods);
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- 8 years combined education and experience in EHS, with a focus Electric Utility Construction and/or Environmental Matting;
- Demonstrated ability to work with IBEW union craft personnel;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with the owner utility;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with Management;
- Ability to travel occasionally to project sites;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Ability to pass a security background check;
- Proficiency in personal computer operations, Microsoft Office, etc.;
- Ability to perform physical tasks including lifting of 50 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field plus 5 years combined experience in Safety, Electric Utility Operations, Environmental Protection, Occupational Health, etc.;
- Professional Certification such as “Certified Utility Safety Professional” (CUSP); CHST; etc.;
- First Aid, CPR, AED trained;
- OSHA 500 Trained;
- Knowledgeable in DOT Compliance.
Riggs Distler & Co., Inc. offers a very competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package including health insurance, accrued PTO and employer-matched 401k. Riggs Distler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a drug test and reference checks.
Send Resume and Cover Letter with salary expectations to Kedric Bartsch (KBartsch@riggsdistler.com)