Join Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. a leader in the construction industry with over a century of service supporting America’s most important infrastructure projects in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Riggs Distler has a reputation as an employer of choice in the industry and promotes a safe, exciting, and team-oriented work environment, empowering people to grow and evolve with our business.
As an Estimator, you will do detailed take offs, analyze proposals, quotes, and requirements for the development of thorough and accurate project cost estimates to ensure customer expectations and business goals are attained. This position will focus on substation electrical work in support of electrical projects.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Healthcare Plan including Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- HSA Account with Company Contribution
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Student Loan Payment & 529 College Saving Program
- Company Paid:
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Reviews customer/project scope of work, plans, and specifications, and creates a labor, equipment, material and subcontractor estimate for the project, utilizing cross-departmental input to ensure estimates are in line with customer requirements and business ROI
- Coordinates with external third parties and subcontractors on specific project bids, estimates, timing, etc. to ensure that all aspects of projects are addressed and accurate
- Manages the creation of accurate, organized estimate proposals that includes Stipulated Price, Design-Build and Construction/Project Management for thoroughness and accuracy as it relates to the cost and delivery
- Reviews proposals with potential Customers to discuss options for proposed services and ensure full project objectives are met. Prepares and sends final proposal to client for approval
- Provides project proposal, process details, subcontractor information, etc. to the Project Management team for complete understanding and effective execution.
- Facilitates the creation of accurate budgets from conceptual and schematic design phases through to final estimates to ensure customer objectives are met and the estimate is in line with the business ROI
- Handles any obstacles, option changes, and concerns of field personnel and the project management team, providing them with pertinent documentation and updates as applicable, for continued project success
- Manages ongoing project and cost changes, unit pricing and job tracking (including database maintenance) to ensure project stays in line with the current or updated proposal.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with suppliers, subcontractors, field personnel and Customers for current and future project success
Education, Skills, Experience Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field; will consider equivalent combination of education and relevant experience in substation and industrial electrical work
- 3+ years of Electrical Estimating experience within a construction, industrial or utility contractor business (preferred) creating quotes. Will consider someone with related industry experience as a field operative, project manager, engineer, or similar role
- Excellent MS Office with construction management and industry estimating software skills required; Bluebeam, HCSS Heavy Job, Primavera and MS Project experience preferred
- Strong ability in data/cost analysis, interpretation, formulation, and development of estimated quotes or proposals; ability to read, comprehend and apply technical writing in regards to electrical work, constructability, government contracts, and standard construction terminology and specifications
- Can review, edit, and create contracts, procedures, and detailed proposals
- Excellent attention to details and follow through; strong problem-solving and logical application skills; able to anticipate and negotiate potential issues
- Firm understanding of Union agreements as related to job duties; solid knowledge of regional network within the applicable industrial areas; solid budgeting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to write clearly and concisely; strong ability to present well and professionally collaborate with a diverse assortment of individuals and groups
- Solid ability to handle multiple projects with thoroughness and accuracy; excellent ability to build and maintain relationships; strong customer and team focus; flexible and adaptable to change; supportive of cross-departmental coordination. Able to interchangeably lead and support project initiatives
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested