ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY (EHS) COORDINATOR
Join Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. a leader in the construction industry with over a century of service supporting America’s most important infrastructure projects in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. Riggs Distler has a reputation as an employer of choice in the industry and promotes a safe, exciting, and team-oriented work environment, empowering people to grow and evolve with our business.
As an EHS Coordinator you will performs multiple functions and duties in support of the Riggs Distler & Company EHS Program, and the companies desire to be a best in class provider of utility construction services. The EHS coordinator works daily directly with the operations management and line crews within their assigned area(s). EHS Coordinators are responsible for the collection of EH&S data, review and coordination of EH&S related documentation, develop /assists in the development of project health and safety plans, performance of work area safety observations, performs training including new hire orientations, may assist in the testing of certain Di-electric tools, conducts / supports incident investigations and root cause analysis process, may assist in the settlement of minor property damage claims under direction, supports the companies DOT and Environmental compliance programs. This position covers Western New York.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Healthcare Plan including Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- HSA Account with Company Contribution
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Student Loan Payment & 529 College Saving Program
- Company Paid:
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Employee Assistance Program
- Responsible for collecting and filing EH&S related forms, records, and documentation.
- Responsible for performing / assisting in the delivery and documentation of training.
- Responsible for processing Incidents, Near-Miss, and Good Catch Reports and follow-up actions.
- Responsible for collecting data and preparing reports / bulletins related to EH&S initiatives.
- Assists in the preparation of Safety and Environmental Work Plans.
- Participates in the pre-job planning process by attending meetings, assisting in the development of project specific Health and Safety Plans.
- May perform Environmental Compliance Inspections occasionally to support field staff.
- Performs Regulatory Research as required.
- Overnight travel as necessary to support storm restoration work (may be for extended periods.)
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills, Experience Needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field plus 1 year combined experience in Safety, Electrical Utility Operations, Environmental Protection, Occupational Health.
- 5 years combined experience and education in EHS with a focus on Electric Utility Construction and/or Environmental Matting.
- Valid Driver’s License
- CUSP or CHST preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present well and collaborate with clients and staff members in a professional way
- First Aid, CPR, AED Trained; OSHA 500; Knowledge of DOT Compliance; ability to perform physical tasks including lifting to 50lbs
- Occasional overnight travel & coverage of storm events, some travel may be extended. Occasional travel to job sites.
This job description is subject to change at any time. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions and does not exclude or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender, genetic information, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested
|Job Category||Environmental Health & Safety|