Riggs Distler & Company, Inc. is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Coordinator to join our dynamic safety team overseeing ET&D Overhead Lines in the Connecticut/New England area.
As an EHS Coordinator, you will work directly with operations management and the line crews to support the Riggs Distler & Company safety program. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with customers, management and line crews. Occasional travel to project sites, which may include overnight stays for storm restoration work is required.
YOUR ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects and files EH&S related forms, records and documentation. Prepares reports/bulletins related to EH&S initiatives.
- Performs training including new hire orientation, assists in the delivery and documentation of training.
- Processes incidents, near-miss and good catch reports and follow-up actions.
- Assists in the preparation of safety and environmental work plans. May perform environmental compliance inspections to support field staff.
- Participates in the pre-job planning process by attending meetings and assisting in the development of project specific health and safety plans.
- Performs regulatory research as required.
- Supports incident investigations and root cause analysis process, may assist in the settlement of minor property damage claims.
- Supports company DOT and environmental compliance programs.
Bachelor of Science in related field preferred, or 8 years combined education and experience in EHS with a focus on electric utility construction and/or environmental matting.
Minimum 5 years’ combined experience in safety, electric utility operations, environmental protection, and occupational health.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Professional certifications such as “Certified Utility Safety Professional” (CUSP), CHST
- OSHA 500 Trained
- First Aid, CPR, AED trained
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Education Assistance
- Competitive salaries
- Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- 401(k) Retirement Program with Employer Match and Profit Sharing!
- Paid Time Off, Volunteer Service Leave policies and paid holidays
- Open communication
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals
Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. reserves the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Riggs Distler and Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
Have other questions? Contact Us!